What do members do?
For a typical event, members arrive a few hours before the advertised start time to get started with setting up sound and lighting equipment. The band arrives to carry out a sound check, and then the event begins.
Once the event is underway, only one or two technicians are required until takedown. After the event finishes, we pack away the equipment and have a well-earned pizza or burger!
What benefits do members get?
In return for your hard work and late nights, all regular members receive:
- A bar tab & soft drinks during the event for those working
- Takeaway food after the event for those helping with takedown
- Free entry to most events where Clare Sound provides services
- Opportunity to work part of Clare May Ball in exchange for a free ticket
- Opportunities of paid work at external events
- Free End-of-Term dinners, often at local restaurants
- Something to put on your CV
Who can join?
Any current member of the University of Cambridge is eligible to join the society. No prior experience is required - we provide on the job training and guidance.